9:00am Sunday School ages 3-Adult (September-May)
11:00am Coffee Fellowship.
Special worship services are held throughout the year in conjunction with the liturgical calendar, such as Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Christmas Eve, etc.
Assisted Hearing Devices are available (ask an usher). We also have large print bulletins.
Nursery service for children up to age 6 is available during worship services. The nursery is located on the same level as the sanctuary, down the south wing, past the church offices.
Live Stream Worship on YouTube
March 20, 2020
Dear Members and Friends of OPC,
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, and in keeping with Governor Pritzker’s recent executive order, the Session of the Oswego Presbyterian Church has taken the following actions:
- Our in-person Sunday morning worship services are cancelled until further notice. We will continue to provide worship services to the congregation each Sunday online on our YouTube channel.
- Our Sunday School classes and all in-person educational ministries of the church are cancelled until further notice.
- All activities in the church building are cancelled until further notice. This includes both church and non-church related activities. The office will remain open and the pastor and staff will continue to work and be available as usual. Phone and email contact are encouraged.
As we know, the church is more than a building and worship can occur outside of the sanctuary. We remain committed to serving God, supporting our congregation and community, and encouraging ways to worship and grow in our faith. Worship will continue, even if it is only online. Pastoral care will still be available to all those who are in need. And we will find new ways to keep our community together and connected.
You are encouraged to join us for worship online each Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m. We will continue to provide worship online via our livestream on YouTube. I am excited about the idea of the congregation gathering for worship at the same time in different locations around the area.
You can access our services on your computer by going to the OPC webpage at http://www.opchurch.org
Click on the link that is available there. If you miss our service at 10:00 a.m. you can watch the replay on YouTube. Just click on the link on our website or search for Oswego Presbyterian Church Worship on YouTube.
During this health crisis our church will need the support of its friends and members more than ever before. We still have obligations to meet and bills to pay. Even though there is no offering plate available, there are several ways you can continue to give to keep our church active and alive.
- Mail your check to the church office – Oswego Presbyterian Church, 1976 Route 25, Oswego Il. 60543.
- Sign up to have your offering directly debited from your checking or savings account.
- Sign up to make a regular gift from your credit or debit card.
If you have questions about this process, feel free to call our financial secretary, Amy, at 630-554-8194 extension 15. You can also find more information on our website.
During this time of crisis special gifts are especially welcome. Please consider making a gift to OPC over and above your current level of giving. These special gifts will make a big difference in our ability to meet our obligations.
No matter where we worship or how we gather, we are still the body of Christ, a family formed by God’s hand and brought together to worship Him and support one another. We hope you will continue to feel the connection of that community during this time of special need. If you or a loved one have a problem or pastoral concern, please let us know. Even though we are not gathering together on Sunday mornings in the sanctuary, we are still committed to being the ambassadors of Christ in this place.
There is no doubt that this is a time of fear and apprehension. We don’t know what the future holds and so many concerns are uncertain. But when we don’t know where to turn, our savior is always there for us. Let us give our anxiety to God as we deal with the problems at hand. And let us commit to praying for one another – continually.
Yours in Christ,